I have been playing with Remote Potato for the iPhone for a while now and have been really impressed. With the app on your iPhone you can browse the Windows Media Center EPG and schedule recordings, browse music, view pictures and stream recorded TV files to the the iPhone.
The app is now out of beta and available in the app store, you will need to install a small server app on your Media Center PC and once you have that you have full access to the Media Center EPG and recorded TV files. If your clever with port forwarding on your router you can setup access via the web so you could have access to your EPG from anyware
Remote Potato for iOS
“I’d highly recommend checking out this app” – Cybernet News
Imagine having your entire library of TV shows, music, pictures and videos with you wherever you go – without having to sync.
With the Remote Potato app for iOS, you can connect to your Windows 7™ Media Center from your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, and stream content direct from your home PC. Watch the game! Tape that documentary. Listen to your favorite album!
- The first app in the world to directly stream WTV recorded TV files to your iPhone!
- Browse your TV Guide and schedule recordings.
- View your pictures library; download or email pictures to friends.
- Watch previously recorded TV shows – streamed live from your home PC*
- Browse your music library, listen to songs streamed direct from your home PC.
- Sync up albums and songs for offline access.
Then, once it’s up-and-running, head to the App Store to download a copy of Remote Potato to your iOS device – for the ultimate multimedia experience, wherever you are!