Firecore have released Remote HD for the original Apple TV so you can use Airplay on the box:
We’re pleased to announce, thanks to Remote HD, the 1st gen AppleTV is now able to act as an AirPlay compatible device! With Remote HD installed all the amazing features of AirPlay for the new black AppleTV are now available on the original silver models.
What can I stream?
- Video, YouTube, video podcasts, and photos from iOS devices.
- Video, and video podcasts from iTunes.
- Video from other 3rd party apps if your iOS devices is modified to do so.
- Audio streaming coming soon.
How does it work?
- If you don’t already have Remote HD purchase it here [iTunes link].
- Install Remote HD on your AppleTV through the Maintenance –> Install Extras menu.
- Restart your AppleTV.
- Connect to your AppleTV with Remote HD – the AppleTV will now be recognized in all AirPlay compatible applications.
Remote HD is currently on sale for $3.99 – get it while it’s hot!