Before I was using Mesh to move files around my home network automatically I was using Live Folder Share. It does pretty much the same thing, it keeps a folder (or up to 20 of them) in sync around your network and online. It’s not as configurable as Mesh and it’s not the plat form that Mesh is becoming.
The new Live Sync will bring with it:
- More folders and files – sync up to 20 folders with 20,000 files each.
- Integration with Windows Live ID – no more extra sign-in stuff to remember.
- Integration with the Recyle Bin – no more separate Trash folder to fiddle with.
- New client versions for both Windows and Mac.
- Unicode support – sync files in other languages.
I guess there are some people out there using it right now, if you are you need to do some fiddling with your library as mentioned in this post to keep it work.