Microsoft have released new builds of Windows 11 for Windows Insiders on the beta channel (Windows 11 22H2). As Microsoft have done for the last few weeks they have two builds available. 22622.450 has the new features and 22621.450 has the new features switched off:
- Build 22622.450 = New features rolling out.
- Build 22621.450 = New features off by default.
The builds don’t include new features this week but there are plenty of fixes. Microsoft are close to finishing off the Windows 11 22H2 update, there is no official release date yet but my guess is the end of September.
Here are the changes:
Fixes included for BOTH Build 22621.450 & Build 22622.450
This update includes the following improvements:
- New! We enhanced Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s ability to identify and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks.
- New! We compressed a file regardless of its size if you have configured Server Message Block (SMB) Compression.
- New! We improved storage replication that occurs over low bandwidth or congested wide area networks (WAN).
- We fixed an issue that causes Windows to display tablet mode features for some devices that do not have touchscreens.
- We fixed an issue that causes some application windows to have blank sections in the Task View preview.
- We fixed an issue that occurs for some of you when you copy files from network drives. The error code is 0x80070026.
- We fixed a token leak issue in the LsapGetClientInfoEx
- We fixed an issue that, in certain cases, causes sihost.exe to use a high amount of the CPU.
- We fixed an issue that causes Microsoft Edge to stop responding when you use IE mode. This issue also prevents you from interacting with a dialog.
- There is an issue in the recent Beta Channel updates that is causing the Photos app to crash, and a fix will be rolling out soon via a Photos app update via the Store.
- We’re investigating reports that SQL Server Management Studio is failing to launch for some Insiders.
- [NEW] We’re looking into reports that audio stopped working for some Insiders after upgrading to Build 22622.440.
- The left-half of the File Explorer title bar may not be draggable via mouse or touch.
- The up arrow is misaligned in File Explorer tabs. This will be fixed in a future update.