For Windows Insiders on the beta channel Microsoft has released 22621.440 and 22622.440 of Windows 11.
For the last few weeks Microsoft has been releasing two different builds to the beta channel, one with new features and one without. This week there is 22621.440 (without features) and 22262.440 (with features).
For 22622.440 there is a new taskbar overflow button for when the taskbar is full of applications. This feature was pushed to the dev channel last week and works well, especially on small devices like the Surface Go in portrait mode.
Build 22621.440 & Build 22622.440
Both builds get an update to the widgets in the taskbar. There will be live updates for sports and other new alerts:
We’re trying out some changes to bring more dynamic Widgets content to your taskbar. In addition to seeing live content from the weather widget, you’ll also start to see live updates from the sports and finance widgets, along with breaking news alerts.
In build 22622.440 there is an update Open With dialog box which was also introduced in last week’s dev build:
Here are the other changes included in the builds:
Other changes in the build:
- We have updated the U.S. English (EN-US) handwriting model to be faster and more accurate. Use the updated Handwriting Panel for ink-to-text and let us know what you think.
- Settings now supports managing apps which were earlier only supported from Control Panel. This includes uninstallation of apps which have inter-dependencies (e.g., Steam and gaming apps running on Steam), repair and modifying of Win32 apps.
Fixes in Build 22622.440
- Fixed an issue leading to some Insiders experiencing explorer.exe crashes when docking and undocking monitors in Build 22622.436.
- Did some work to fix a memory leak when using tabs with File Explorer.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator wasn’t reading out the titles of tabs as focus moved through them.
- Fixed an issue where the preview thumbnail for File Explorer in the taskbar, ALT + Tab, and Task View might show the title of an adjacent tab and not the currently selected one.
- The add new tab button shouldn’t overlap with the minimize button in the title bar when using text scaling with a lot of tabs open anymore.
- Fixed an issue which was leading to certain apps freezing after a copy action if Suggested Actions was enabled.
- Fixed a high hitting crash impacting Suggested Actions reliability.
- [NEW] There is an issue in the recent Beta Channel updates that is causing the Photos app to crash, and a fix will be rolling out soon via a Photos app update via the Store.
- [NEW] We’re investigating reports that SQL Server Management Studio is failing to launch for some Insiders.
- [NEW] The left-half of the File Explorer title bar may not be draggable via mouse or touch.
- [NEW] We’re working on a fix to address reports that launching File Explorer in certain ways when using dark mode (for example, from the command line) is showing the body of File Explorer unexpectedly in light mode.
- The up arrow is misaligned in File Explorer tabs. This will be fixed in a future update.