Microsoft have pushed a new build to Windows Insiders on the fast ring. Build 19551 has a handful of fixes and experiment with optional updates. First tested back in the 20H1 days Microsoft are brining back optional drivers being installed via Windows Update – View optional update. So driver updates classed as optional will not be automatically installed. This experiment will continue till March 5th.
The rest of the changes are fixes minor fixes including a fix for the snipping tool on secondary monitors:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue resulting in snipping not working on secondary monitors.
- Thank you for reporting that the Optimize Drives Control Panel was incorrectly showing that optimization hadn’t run on some devices. We’ve fixed it in this build.
- We’ve fixed an issue causing Remote Desktop Connection crashes when attempting to connect to multiple sessions.
- We’ve made a server-side fix to address the issue causing Narrator Home to crash when selecting the “What’s New” button in Narrator Home.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the language defaults listed at the top of Language Settings unexpectedly being blank.
- We’ve done some work to help address feedback reports that screenshots (WIN+Shift+S) pasted into Outlook would be unexpectedly large.
- We fixed an issue where, if you’d changed the candidate pane font for the Pinyin IME, it would be reset back to default after you reboot your PC.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the “Safely Remove Hardware” icon in the notification area sometimes unexpectedly drawing in white (making it unreadable) when using light theme.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview. See this article for details.
- We are aware Narrator and NVDA users that seek the latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and the Edge teams are aware of these issues. Users of legacy Microsoft Edge will not be affected.
- The cloud recovery option for Reset this PC isn’t working on this build. Please use the local reinstall option when performing Reset this PC.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re investigating reports that some Insiders are unable to update to newer builds with error 0x8007042b.
- We’re looking into reports that some Insiders are unable to update to newer builds with error 0xc1900101.
- We’re looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 after they’re attached.
- The Documents section under Privacy has a broken icon (just a rectangle).
- The IME candidate window for East Asian IMEs (Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and the Japanese IME) may not open sometimes. We are investigating your reports. As a workaround if you encounter this, please change the focus to another application or editing area and back to the original and try again. Alternatively, you can go to Task Manager and end the “TextInputHost.exe” task from the Details tab, and it should work afterwards.
UPDATE: Here is my hands on video: