The Windows 10 version of VLC has been updated for PC and Mobile. The media player app has improved HD video playback, UI improvements and bug fixes. The fixes include better SD card discovery on Windows Mobile, fixes for black screen issues and thumbnail improvements.
The improvements include a rewrite of the playback core that will deliver better video playback, improvement navigation on Xbox and improved hardware decoding support.
VLC is a great app to have on your devices as it plays a wide range of video formats, supports UNPnP/DLNA and network shares. The app is free from the Windows Store.
* Fix a potential deadlock when dismissing a dialog
* Fix camera roll appearing in the regular video collection
* Fix systematic black screen after a full playback
* Fix SD card discovery on Windows Mobile
* Fix potential crash when switching between audio collection tabs
* Fix potential thumbnailer deadlock
* Fix media library re-indexing
* Fix wrong thumbnail being displayed in SMTC
* Fix potential crash when browsing folders
* Fix potential deadlock when discovering media
* Use the correct swapchain resolution
* Add support for encrypted password store
* Improve dialog navigation on Xbox1
* Various WM10 UI fixes
* Add previous/next buttons for video playback
* Fix duplicated network shares display
* Various command bar improvements
* Improve hardware decoding support
* Allow audio items deletion
* New subtitle rendering engine with font fallback
* Major playlist & playback code rewrite