As we are getting closer to the release of Windows 10 Anniversary edition Microsoft have released another set of Windows builds for Windows Insiders on the fast ring.
14367 is available for PC and mobile and includes a new tool for performing a clean install of Windows. This build also sees the end for Kids Corner in mobile with Microsoft citing lack of use.
As I am no the road this week look out for my hands on videos next week.
Here are the highlights of Microsoft’s post:
A new tool to give your PC a fresh start: We’ve heard from many of you that are attempting to perform a clean installation of Windows that it can sometimes be hard to get started. To help, we are providing a new tool that enables an easy and simple way to start fresh with a clean installation of Windows. This tool is now available from the Settings app for Windows Insiders using the latest builds that installs a clean copy of the most recent version of Windows10 and removes apps that were installed on your PC. You can visit this Microsoft Community page (which has been updated) to learn more about the tool and download it.
The fixes include Cortana device notification improvements:
Improvements and fixes for PC
- Cross-device notifications from your phone to your PC via Cortana are now more reliable and faster. You can also use quick replies from your PC for notifications that support that feature (there is a known issue in which this will only work if your phone’s screen is turned on – we’ll be fixing this!). Additionally, notifications from your phone to your PC will appear under its own Windows Phone group in Action Center – with a fancy new logo to boot!
- We fixed an issue where the emoji in cross-device notifications would appear as boxes. We also fixed an issue where certain emoji would appear as square boxes in some apps like Notepad.
- We have fixed the issue with the Desktop App Converter Preview (Project Centennial) however you will need to download the updated version here http://aka.ms/converter.
- Fixed an issue resulting in the dialog when joining the PC to an Azure AD potentially being unexpectedly large on certain devices
- Quick Actions in Action Center that turn on and off different functionality in your device, like Bluetooth on your phone or Tablet Mode on your PC, now have a transient On/Off text indicator so you can clearly see the state change for these. We fixed an issue where the WIN + A keyboard shortcut to launch Action Center wouldn’t work if Action Center icon had been turned off. We also fixed an issue where certain notifications could result in the Action Center not launching until that toast had been cleared.
- We fixed an issue where Cortana wasn’t showing relevant system settings results for certain terms, in particular “typo” or “connect”.
- We fixed an issue where the text in the network flyout might change color from white to black when entering credentials if your PC is using dark mode.
- We fixed an issue where PowerShell shortcuts pinned to the taskbar could only create one functional window – subsequent windows generated from the pinned icon would not accept input.
- We fixed an issue where each newly opened notes in Sticky Notes would flash white and black after a certain number of notes had already been created.
- We added a new shortcut to turn on/off Private mode when using the Japanese Input Method Editor. This new keyboard shortcut is Ctrl + Shift + P. We also increased the width of the Japanese 12 key keyboard for small devices when in portrait, so as to improve ease of use and fixed an issue where no characters would be input when using this keyboard in a field where Input Method Editors are disabled
- We updated the Update & Security, Windows Update and Recovery icons in Settings, to be more reflective of the action
- We fixed an issue where the Office apps might not show up in Start’s “Most used” list.
- We fixed an issue where saying “Hey Cortana” would launch Cortana behind Windows Ink Workspace.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Explorer.exe crashing if you selected “Open Command window here” from File Explorer’s context menu.
Known issues for PC
- Narrator does not launch when you toggle switch to “on” via Settings app > Ease of access > Narrator.
Known issues for Mobile
- We are investigating data issues with some Dual-SIM devices where cellular data doesn’t work correctly with a second SIM. Several issues relating to cellular data with Dual-SIM devices have been reported by Insiders with the last two Mobile builds and we’re investigating these reports. Thank you for giving us this feedback.
- There is an issue where certain apps won’t be able to set Start or Lock screen backgrounds.After taking a look at the overall usage of the Kids Corner feature in Windows 10 Mobile and Windows Phone 8.1, we have decided to remove this feature from Windows 10 Mobile beginning with the Windows 10 Anniversary Up
Read more at https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/06/16/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14367-for-pc-and-mobile/#kLm6VTW1t7YiTOye.99