Remote Potato has for a long time been one of the best way to control Windows Media Center from iOS, Android or browser. It has an addin you install on your Windows Media Center PC and then there are remote control apps for mobile devices. Today FatAttitude the developers of Remote Potato have announced a new version of the app design for iOS 7.
The new version has an iOS 7 look and feel and enables watching movies and videos on the iPad or iPhone as well as streaming music and pictures. In conjunction Windows Media Center you can browse the EPG and schedule recordings plus you can stream WTV files (Windows Media Center recorded TV files) to your iOS device.
The app costs £4.99 in the iTunes app store and if you are a Windows Media Center user with an iOS device well worth looking at.
Now you can enjoy all your home media, without syncing, wherever you are. Watch videos, stream music, view photos, all streamed live from your home PC over the Internet. With Remote Potato, your entire media library is in your pocket wherever you go! Videos are streamed in stunning quality – AVI, MP4 files, WMV, Quicktime – most major video formats are supported.
● Watch videos, movies or recorded TV shows – streamed live from your home PC over 3G or WiFi! †
● Stream songs from your home music library – anywhere in the world, over 3G or WiFi.
● Remotely view your photos in crystal clear detail; download or email them to friends.
● AirPlay support: send movies and videos to your television via an AppleTV.
● Designed for iOS 7 – smooth interfaace, great look and feel.
● Integrates fully with Windows Media Center – schedule recordings, browse EPG: see below.
● Sync up albums and songs for offline access.
● Fast and responsive background fetching of data.
● Listen to music in the background while using other apps.
● Control music playback from Bluetooth or Apple™ remote headphones.
If you’re a Windows Media Center user, you’ll also benefit from full integration : browse the TV guide, schedule recordings, stream recorded TV, listen to your music, and more. Home late from the office? Just use Remote Potato to record that sitcom!
4 thoughts on “Windows Media Center addin Remote Potato 2014 Edition for iOS 7 released”
RT @isdixon: Windows Media Center addin Remote Potato 2014 Edition for iOS 7 released: http://t.co/WgkNsip43c #windowsmediacenter #ios7
Do u know if it works with drmed recordings for viewing on an iPad? Shows that are recorded and have the copy protect flag set?
I don’t think so, copy protected content will only play on the original PC it was recorded on. I don’t think it will even stream
Yah, I wish there was something that would stream it. I wonder if the new TiVo’s can stream the copy protected content.