For watching live TV on a mobile device I tend to use TVCatchup, there are iOS, Windows 8/RT, Windows Phone and Android versions of the app and the Android version has just been updated. The updated app has a few new features like metered networking controls, twitter sharing, screen rotations for phones and the app removes adverts on Kids TV channels. There are also bug fixes in the update including volume control fixes, key illumination and UI enhancements.
With the app you can watch live TV of most of the UK free to air channels like the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 and works over WiFi or 3G.
The app is free from the Google Play Store
– Settings page
– Metered Network Control
– Screen Rotation Control on phones
– Programme Info. Overlays
– Twitter channel sharing, starts playback from tweet
– No in-app advertising on Kids TV channels
– Tablets restart last played channel at startup
– Volume Control fixed
– Illumination of hardware keys fixed
– Release Wakelock fixed
– UI Tweaks