Amazon are taking on Apple’s iCloud Photo and Dropbox’s photo storage services with a new iOS Cloud Drive Photo app. The app will automatically sync photos taken on an iPhone or iPod Touch to your Amazon Cloud drive and then you can access them from an iOS device or via Amazon’s site. Photos can be shared via Facebook, Twitter or email and are stored in your Amazon Cloud Drive which you get 5GB of storage for free and can purchase additional storage.
The app is free from the iTunes store.
Protect and store all of your photos in one place with Amazon Cloud Drive Photos. Access your photos from your iPhone or iPod touch, your computer, or any web browser. Take a picture on your iPhone and save it to the Amazon Cloud to enjoy on your computer. Upload photos from your computer and enjoy them on your iPhone or iPod touch.
• Store and secure thousands of photos in your Amazon Cloud Drive
• Protect your memories – photos from your iPhone or iPod touch are automatically saved to Cloud Drive whenever the app is running
• Have access to your entire photo collection in the Amazon Cloud, even those that aren’t in your Camera Roll
• View your photo albums in stunning layouts from your iPhone or iPod touch
• Share your Cloud Drive photos on Facebook, Twitter, and through e-mail
With Amazon Cloud Drive, all of your photos can be stored in one place and are available anywhere.