Microsoft have updated the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch version of the Xbox SmartGlass app. The iOS app is now at version 2.5, the only details Microsoft give about the update is it contains “Bug Fixes” and I can’t see any changes to the app but hopefully it improves the connectivity with the Xbox 360 as I have issues with that in the past.
With the app you can navigate around the Xbox, control media and interact with games and video content. The app is free from the iTunes store.
What’s New in Version 2.5
Xbox SmartGlass lets you:
• Navigate your Xbox 360 with swipe and tap
• Use your phone’s keyboard to type to your Xbox 360
• Browse the Internet on your Xbox 360 with full keyboard and zooming
• Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, and stop videos and music on your Xbox 360
• Search the full Xbox catalog of music, video, and games
• Enjoy rich, interactive experiences from select game and entertainment content creators
• Track and compare your achievements with your Xbox friends
• Change up your 3D avatar
• Message your Xbox friends
• Edit your Xbox profile