Microsoft have released preview 3 of the Windows Phone app for the desktop. The Windows 7 and Windows 8 app enables syncing of content with a Windows Phone (including syncing podcasts from iTunes). Microsoft see it as a replacement for the Zune desktop software as the Zune app will not sync with Windows Phone 8 but it’s a little basic compared to the slick Zune software.
Microsoft don’t say what’s changed in preview 3 but if your syncing a Windows Phone get the updated app from Microsoft and if your using Windows RT you will need the Windows Store version of the app.
The Windows Phone app for Windows desktop makes it easy to:
• Sync music, photos, movies, TV shows, and podcasts from your existing Apple iTunes library or your Windows Libraries to your Windows Phone 8.*
• Automatically import pictures and videos you’ve taken with your phone to your PC.
• See at a glance how much space you’re using for each type of content, so it’s easy to make sure you never run out of room on your phone.
• Get your playlists on your phone.
• Find songs that will work as ringtones and add them to your phone.