Splashtop is an app and server system for remote controlling and viewing a PC from an iPad, you install a server program on your PC and then connect to it via an iPad app or Android app. The app has just been updated to include Windows 8 gestures making it easier to control Windows 8 from an iPad.
On the recording of this week’s TDL Show Garry said he was using Splashtop on an Android tablet to connect back to his Windows 8 machine and he said it was working very well.
The app costs £2.99 from the iTunes app store.
What’s New in Version 188.8.131.52
– Use Windows 8 gestures when connected to a Windows 8 PC!
– Use on-screen shortcuts to more easily control media players, browsers, Office apps, and even games (optional in-app purchase)
– Run Splashtop 2 as a background app (switch to another app without losing connection)
– Copy-and-paste between your computer and iPad
– Easier access to control bar and other usability improvements
– Bug fixes
Please install the latest Streamer from www.splashtop.com/streamer to enable Windows 8 gestures