Zeebox the social TV service has just been updated and with the app you can now control your Sky+ box or a Virgin TiVo box. When I updated the app it detected my Sky box was on the network and setup the remote control, so when you tap a TV programme on the iPad app it changes the channel on the Sky box.
Zeebox does seem like an interesting service and adding remote control options makes it a lot better. Any readers using it?
The app is free from iTunes
What’s New in Version 2.7.0
– Control your Sky+ or Virgin TiVo box straight from your iPad or iPhone
– Sky+ and Virgin TiVo customers: zeebox can now automatically follow the show that’s playing on your TV right now – magic!
– Now works in Republic of Ireland, with full listings for Irish channels
– Improved TV guide – get to your favourite shows more quickly and easily
– Plus stacks of other tweaks and bug fixes to make zeebox better than ever