Via Embedded Automation – We are setting up to release a major revision and it includes the following: Release date is scheduled for 1st week of December.
• Major Feature added – 24/7 Surveillance system:
• Continues recording of IP cameras
• RTSP camera support
• H.264 MP4 recording of all camera
• Transcoding of mpeg/mjpeg camera to h.264 MP4
• Camera streaming to clients enhanced
• Steaming playback of recordded surveillance video
• Simplified scheduler to setup recording
• URL Rewrite Authentication/Authorization
• Added persistence setting for drivers
• Added logic for notifications for Email/SMS:
• Added central location for SMTP and SMS settings
• Added support for multiple email/SMS account notification
• Added custom body and subject to email/SMS action
• Added email/SMS forwarding camera url action for quick view
• Added support for TekMar – A high efficiency HVAC system
• Added Simplified Chinese support
• Added EnOcean support – wireless lighting and sensor protocol
• Room controller
• Low voltage control
• Light sensors
• Temperature sensor
• Door/Window sensors
• Occupancy sensors
• Other combination devices
• Added Zwave locks through VeraLite
• Windows and door sensors support through VeraLite
• Fix Thermostat through VeraLite
and other minor bug-fixes.
I am interested in the VeraLite additions and fixes, hopefully these will resolve the issues I reported to mControl support.
2 thoughts on “Major mControl update coming soon”
Have you ever tried the RFXCOMM support in VeraLite. I’ve been looking at RFXCOMM for ages as the devices like HomeEasy are so much cheaper than z-wave in the UK. I use MControl to control my X10 stuff but it’s not very reliable and since reading your post on MControl & VeraLite integration it could be the missing piece of the jigsaw for me.
Short answer is no I have not looked at it. Sounds like a good idea though. Z-wave kit is expensive luckily I can buy it at trade prices which helps. I can also supply Z-wave devices to others PM me if interested.