Dijit have a new product that looks interesting. It enables a Facebook-powered TV guide and links in with there iPhone Universal Remote. In the new version, users can connect their Dijit account to Facebook, and get a personalized program guide, all based on the likes of their friends.
Here is how Dijit explain the Universal Remote
With Dijit, your phone is a universal remote control supporting over 200,000 devices, has content listings for every cable and satellite provider in the US and Canada, gives you search across content from both cable/satellite providers and new streaming content providers like Netflix, and has integrated and simple sharing through Facebook and Twitter.
Dijit can support any infrared device with the addition of Beacon from Griffin Technology (now available!) but you can already use its content discovery and social media features even without any special hardware.
The updated app is available now in the app store and here are the changes:
What’s New in Version 2.5.0
* TV recommendations from Facebook: link your Facebook account with Dijit and see what your friends like to watch in the “My Shows” tab
* Switch between your device virtual remotes with an up/down swipe
* Ability to rename buttons
* Internationalization support
* Numerous bugfixes and performance enhancement