Plex is a media server system has been updated to version v0.9.3.4. There are new APIs and lots of bug fixes, details from Plex:
- NEW: We’ve added a preference to disable media file deletion, and we’ve defaulted it to off, for the sake of safety (yes, Bruce, we’re listening). If you want to enable the option, please head to your friendly neighborhood web-based media manager at http://localhost:32400/manage and enable it:
- NEW: There is a new API endpoint /library/optimize which, as you might expect, optimizes the library database. Useful in clients or cron jobs.
And the fixes:
- FIX: When refreshing a library section because changes to folders were detected, we wait until the changes stop before kicking off the scan, so that we don’t scan partial/locked files.
- FIX: Custom artwork with spaces in path was not displaying properly.
- FIX: This is an amusing one because it’s been there for a long time and nobody noticed. When doing a new scan, every 16th movie wasn’t displayed in the media manager (it was scanned, it just didn’t show up until you switched sections). Thanks to louisd for noticing it!
- FIX: Our friend diamondsw helped us debug an issue where certain MKV files were failing to play on mobile devices.
- FIX: Boots has been reporting this one for a while, there was an occasional hang in the media manager when scrolling quickly.
- FIX: The was an issue scanning if your username had an apostrophe in it.
- FIX: A (rather rare) crash in refreshing/timed updates.
- FIX: [Windows] Sign all Python extensions. Apparently some of the AV products are coming up with some false positives on the media server, and the hope is that this might improve things.
- FIX: [Windows] When exiting, don’t hang waiting for system bundle.
- FIX: [Windows] When OpenSSL DLLs were installed into system, PMS system bundles wouldn’t start. This would cause the “no agents” issue.
- FIX: [Linux] You can now use the environment variable PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR to specify where all of the media server’s user files go (library, plug-ins, logs, etc.)
Download from Plex and I would love to hear if any of you are using it