HP have introduced a new line of consumer based desktops PCs. There is the p7 which is your traditional tower PC, the Slimline s5 which is a smaller desktop type and the h8 series a i7 based performance PC. The range would make great home entertainment system but may be a little large to put under the TV.
The new PCs design has been nicely spruced up and come with Intel Sandy Bridge processors or AMD Phenom. Hopefully I will have one of the new PCs to play with soon
London, UK, May 17, 2011 – HP announced today a new line-up of consumer desktop PCs that deliver the latest technologies in sophisticated designs. With clean lines, soft forms and contrasting materials, the redesigned Pavilion desktops match the style and preferences of today’s consumer.
A glossy black front panel layered over a metallic base gives depth and dimension to the new towers, while sliding front panels hide ports and drives for a polished, clean appearance. Select models also offer a valet tray integrated into the top of the PC and equipped with USB 3.0 ports for easy access and charging of smartphones, digital cameras and MP3 players.
“Consumers demand the best of both worlds from their desktop PC – performance and expandability with a design that fits them and their environment,” said Randall Martin, chief design strategist for HP’s worldwide Desktop PC business. “HP’s new PCs offer intuitive features and enhanced aesthetics, bridging the gap that sometimes exists between form and function.”
Versatile design, powerful features
In addition to a refined industrial design, the new HP Pavilion consumer desktop PCs are available with powerful processors and graphics for a superior computing experience. Additionally, innovative technologies like Beats Audio and HP LinkUp are now available on select models to offer consumers the best in sound and convenience.
Music lovers will enjoy hearing their favourite music, the way the artist intended it, with Beats Audio, a high-performance sound technology developed by HP and Beats by Dr. Dre™. For those who crave a truly connected digital world, HP LinkUp lets users view and interact with content and programmes wirelessly from their notebook PC on a desktop PC without file mix-ups or complex synchronisation.
Viewing applications and editing files from a notebook on the desktop’s larger display and with a full size keyboard creates a more comfortable and enjoyable experience.
The HP Pavilion consumer desktop family includes:
– HP Pavilion p7 series PCs: For everyday computing at great value, the HP Pavilion P7 series PCs offer generous hard drive space for photos, music and video. Integrated graphics enhance picture quality, and built-in support for multi-channel surround sound offers a powerful audio experience.
– HP Pavilion Slimline s5 series PCs: Fitting in even the smallest space, the HP Pavilion Slimline s5 performance series PCs are less than half the size of a conventional PC tower but configurable to offer maximum storage and processors to support even the most demanding multi-tasker.
– HP Pavilion HPE h8 series PCs: The HP Pavilion HPE h8 series PCs are the most powerful HP PCs to date. Including features such as Intel® Core™ i7 processors and high-end NVIDIA or ATI graphics. The HP Pavilion HPE h8 series PCs offer the ultimate computing experience in a sleek and simple design. The PCs also support multiple displays so users can be more productive with up to three monitors.
– HP 2311x consumer monitor: with new HDMI Connectivity and also Energy Star® 5.0 qualified and EPEAT® Silver registered, containing mercury-free LED backlights to reduce environmental impact. It’s the perfect partner for any new Pavilion desktop PC.
Pricing and availability
– The HP Pavilion h8 series PCs are expected to be available in early summer at a starting price of £799.
– The HP Pavilion p7 series PCs are expected to be available in early summer at a starting price of £499.
– The HP Pavilion Slimline s5 series PCs are expected to be available in early summer at a starting price of £499.
– The HP 2311x consumer monitor is expected to be available in early summer at a starting price of £159.