This week Garry Whittiker and Jason Coombes join me to discuss networked tuners using DVBLink, Jason has all his tuners pooled in a Windows Home Server and then is using DVBLink to distribute the tuners around the network. Its an interesting solution and takes us closer to having a centralised TV tuner system. Jason is also streaming TV via DLNA to devices like PS3 and over the internet.
I have a round up of the weeks news including Extender speculation and updates for Windows 7 Media Center
Listen Here (download mp3) – Subscribe via iTunes – Subscribe via RSS – Subscribe with Zune
Vote for the show on podcast Alley – Join The Media Center Show Group on Facebook – Join the Windows Live Group – Follow me on Twitter
- ITV HD in Media Center
- XBMC Integration Integrates XBMC with Windows 7 Media Center
- Video: First look at Avermedia’s AverTV Volar USB Video Capture
- 2010: The Year AACS and HDMI Kill Off Component Video
- EngadgetHD speculate on the future of Extenders
- Mediabrowser 188.8.131.52 (ThunderBlade) Released.
- February 2010 Windows Media Center Cumulative Update for Windows 7
- Windows 7 Media Center update fixes 3rd party apps issue
- Garry’s Blog
Music by Ian Dixon
Clubhouse tags: clubhouse, media center, windows media center, how-to
One thought on “Podcast: The Media Center Show No.245 – Networked Tuners”
Great timing I’m going to be trying this on our WHS soon!