Last month the very versatile media streaming app AllCast arrived on iOS meaning you can send music, videos and pictures from your iPhone or iPad to a whole range of devices including DLNA devices, Chromecast, Apple TV and Xbox. The app has just been updated and now supports sending media to Sonos and WDTV devices adding to the long list supported platforms. The update also includes a lot of fixes including better DLNA support.
The app is free from the iTunes Store with an in-app purchase that removes splash screens, advertisements and removes limits on video length.
What’s New in Version 1.0.30
* Improved video playback performance
* Added support for Sonos
* Added support for WDTV
* Added album info on DLNA devices
* Fixed bug where some DLNA devices would show up multiple times in the device list
* Fixed issue preventing some users from logging into Instagram
* Reduced disk usage (also added a setting to manually delete temp files from disk)
* Fixed occasional crash during video playback
* Fixed crash when opening videos from external sources
* Fixed bug where songs in playlists could occasionally be skipped
Ian Dixon is a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional), founder of TheDigitalLifestyle.com tech site and producer of the weekly The Digital Lifestyle Show podcast. Ian has been writing and talking about Windows for over 10 years and has over 20 years in IT as an IT Manager. Ian has thousands of followers on Twitter and Facebook and over 4 million views on his YouTube channel.