Welcome to this week’s podcast where we look back at the weeks tech news. We talk about Google I/O and look at Google’s Martial Design, Android Wear and Android TV. Is this Google’s 3rd or 4th attempt at a 10 foot UI? Should Microsoft make their own £99 set top box? Microsoft branding, future versions of Windows and lots more.
I also want to thank Vidabox for their support of the show, Vidabox will be helping us bring together some interesting new videos showing media servers integrated into our digital lifestyle. Vidabox have a great range of media server, media players, iPad mounts and HTPC accessories. I really appreciate their support of the show so please check out Vidabox.com.
- Don’t update that Windows Phone Calendar app yet, a serious bug prevents adding or editing appointments (updated)
- Microsoft fix the Windows Phone Calendar app
- Bing New, Sport, Health & Fitness and Weather for Windows Phone updated
- Flickr Upload for Windows 8.1 June Update
- Microsoft need a low costs set top box to compete with Apple, Google and Amazon
- Thoughts on Google’s new Android TV
- Roku release new Roku apps for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone
- Microsoft rumored to be planning to replace ‘Surface’ branding with ‘Lumia’
Ian Dixon is a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional), founder of TheDigitalLifestyle.com tech site and producer of the weekly The Digital Lifestyle Show podcast. Ian has been writing and talking about Windows for over 10 years and has over 20 years in IT as an IT Manager. Ian has thousands of followers on Twitter and Facebook and over 4 million views on his YouTube channel.