XBMC 12 Frodo has reached the release candidate stage. This build is feature complete and has the features from the beta like HD audio support, Live TV and PVR and support for the Raspberry Pi. During the Christmas break I am going to spend some time with XBMC 12 and checkout the PVR features, as XBMC continues to be developed and gets PVR features I want to see if its a credible replacement for Windows Media Center.
You can get the download from the XBMC download page.
We would quickly like to take this time to announce the first release candidate for XBMC 12. Features for XBMC 12 include:
- HD audio support, including DTS-MA and Dolby True-HD, via the new XBMC AudioEngine
- Live TV and PVR support
- h.264 10bit (aka Hi10P) video software decoding for anime
- 64bit support in OSX to match the 64bit support in Linux
- Improved image support, allowing the database to accomodate numerous additional image types
- Support for the Raspberry PI
- Initial support for the Android platform
- Improved Airplay support across all platforms
- Improved controller support in Windows and Linux
- Advanced Filtering in the library
- Advanced UPnP sharing
- Translations now powered by Transifex
At this point, XBMC 12 is entirely feature complete. All changes from this point forward will exclusively include fixes for replicable bugs necessary to reach final release.
To get this release candidate, please visit our download page.