Apple have taken the podcast features from the iTunes app in iOS and created a new standalone Podcast app. The app enables you to search and browse the iTunes podcast store and then subscribe to the shows all from the device. Once you have download podcasts you can play them with the player app which has features like speed selection and Airplay support. It has been one of the limitations of iOS in the past that you need to use iTunes on the PC or Mac to do the podcast syncing so this is a good step forward.
• Enjoy all of your audio and video podcasts in a single app
• Explore hundreds of thousands of podcasts including shows in over 40 languages
• Try the innovative new Top Stations feature to find new podcast series in a variety of topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sports, and more.
• Browse by Audio or Video podcasts, or see what’s most popular in Top Charts
• Tap subscribe for your favorites and automatically receive new episodes for free as they become available
• Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
• Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
• Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
• Share your favorite episodes with friends using Twitter, Messages and Mail
• Optionally sync your favorite episodes from iTunes on your Mac or PC
• Sync your episode playback for seamless transition between devices