This week Andrew and I are over in Detroit with Ford so we recorded the show from the hospitality area today. We talk about Microsoft’s Surface announcements, Windows Phone 8 and 7.8 updates, Plex, new Macs, BBC iPlayer, Media Center not longer included in MS Certification kits, Google TV coming to the UK, Raspberry Pi running Debian “Wheezy” and XBMC. Plus we have some gaming news including the new voice of Lara Croft.
Tickets are available for the September TDL user group meetup, we have lots of technology on show and it’s a great opportunity to meet up and network with other enthusiast. We will have a great selection of retro computing courtesy of The Centre forComputing History, including ZX Spectrums, BBC Micros and other vintage tech. Plus Windows 8, Raspberry Pi, mobile and lots of other stuff. So book your tickets now and let us know if there is anything you would like to see or show off at the event.
Thanks to DVBLogic for supporting the podcast
Links for this week:
- Podcast: TDL Mobile Show 108 – Looking Beneath the Surface
- Amazon Appstore heading to the UK
- Microsoft SmartGlass SDK released to Microsoft partners
- Raspbmc Release Candidate 3
- Plex Media Server v0.9.6.4 released
- Microsoft announce Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 7.8
- Debian “wheezy” public beta available for the Raspberry Pi
- BBC launches new Live Restart functionality for BBC iPlayer
- TV Tuner and WMC Remote Control and Receiver no longer included in Windows Hardware Certification
- Camilla Luddington announced as the voice of Lara Croft in new Tomb Raider game