ITV updated the iOS version of the ITV Player app which added live TV streaming and today the Android version has been updated. The Android version doesn’t have live streaming the main changes to this version are CITV content, parental controls and 30 days worth of streaming.
While the update is nice it’s a shame live streaming isn’t included like the iOS version, I also find the layout not as nice as the iOS version. You can find the app in the Google Play store.
- You can now watch content for up to 30 days after broadcast
- Inclusion of CITV content
- Exit button – we listened to your feedback and you can now fully close the app
- Parental Controls – you can now set a 4 digit PIN to prevent access to content that carries a Guidance warning
- Improved usability and carousel responsiveness
- Fixes various performance and stability issues