Spotify have updated their iOS app today and they have made it a universal app so it works on the iPad. The app seems to make good use of the iPad display and with Airplay support you can stream your music around the home.
The app is free from iTunes but you must be a Premium user for it to work.
What’s New in Version 0.5.0
The Spotify iPad app is here!
Listen to the world’s music collection on your iPad. Enjoy millions of songs in an instant. Love, discover and share music like never before with the Spotify iPad app.
• Simple to browse and explore the Spotify catalogue
• Retina graphics for iPad and high-definition album art
• Search for playlists, users and music – all from the same view
• Discover what’s hot, and find trending playlists & songs among your friends
• Inbox grouped by user for easy searching
• Perfect as your living room stereo – full-screen view and AirPlay integration
Additional fixes and improvements:
• New: Gapless playback and cross fading.
• Fixed: Offline synced playlists can no longer be removed by the system.
• Fixed: Crashes related to updating playlists or starring tracks.
Founder of The Digital Lifestyle.com and host of The Digital Lifestyle Show. Started podcasting in 2005, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP. Lover of gadgets from the Raspberry Pi to the iPad, Android to Windows 8. Also a massive motor racing fan