VMware Fusion the virtualization software for the Mac that I use to run Windows on a Mac has been updated to version 4.1.2, the update includes 20 fixes addressing numerous issues.
VMware Fusion 4.1.2 is FREE update and is recommended for all VMware Fusion 4 users. It addresses more than 20 issues including:
- Resolved an “out of memory” message when resuming some virtual machines.
- Resolved an intermittent printing problem when using Mac OS X Lion.
- Addressed an issue with copy and paste on newer Linux distributions.
- Fixed accessing files on shared folders using short names.
- Numerous Mac OS X compatibility improvements, including Developer ID.
- Resolved a power-off issue in Windows 2000.
- Updated version of McAfee VirusScan.
See the VMware Fusion release notes for more details.
Ian Dixon is a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional), founder of TheDigitalLifestyle.com tech site and producer of the weekly The Digital Lifestyle Show podcast. Ian has been writing and talking about Windows for over 10 years and has over 20 years in IT as an IT Manager. Ian has thousands of followers on Twitter and Facebook and over 4 million views on his YouTube channel.