Firecore have a new release of Seas0nPass and aTV Flash (black) that are compatible with latest 5.0 (iOS 5.1) of the Apple TV. This release seems to be more about compatibility with iOS 5.1 with Seas0nPass 0.8.3 is available as a free download from Seas0nPass.com and aTV Flash (black) 1.4.1 can be found in your account under the Downloads tab.
What’s new in the 5.0 AppleTV software? Should I update?
- New interface: – Fast, visual access to all content choices
- Movie purchases in iCloud: Support for buying movies on Apple TV and playing back purchased movies from iCloud
- Genius Recommendations: Recommendations for content on the iTunes Store based on previous rentals and purchases
- Screensaver photos: New National Geographic photos built-in for screensaver
- On-device sign-up: On-device sign up for content partners on Apple TV using your Apple ID
Updating to the new 5.0 software is not required, and all aTV Flash (black) features will continue to be supported on AppleTV versions 4.2 and later.
What about the ATV3, will this work?
Unfortunately not. Work is still ongoing for the ATV3, and we hope to have more news soon. For the latest updates be sure to follow us on Twitter.
Which plugins are currently supported on 5.0?
- Couch Surfer (works)
- Last.fm (works)
- Maintenance (works)
- Media Player (works)
- NitoTV (works)
- RSS Feeds (works)
- Weather (works)
- Overflow (not working)
- Plex (not working)
- Remote HD (not working)
- Rowmote (not working)
- XBMC (not working)
Ian Dixon is a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional), founder of TheDigitalLifestyle.com tech site and producer of the weekly The Digital Lifestyle Show podcast. Ian has been writing and talking about Windows for over 10 years and has over 20 years in IT as an IT Manager. Ian thousands of followers on Twitter and Facebook and over 4 million views on his YouTube channel.