Roku have updated the firmware for the 2nd gen Roku devices. Version 4.3 for the Roku 2 and Roku LT brings improvements to Netflix streaming, device discovery and updates to HTTP Live Streaming. On Roku’s blog they list the fixes and updates:
Roku software version 4.3 contains the following fixes and improvements:
- Improved video startup performance in Netflix.
- Optimized the performance of screen navigation in Netflix.
- Fixed an audio-video sync issue with Dolby Digital Plus audio in Netflix.
- Improved subtitle and audio settings in Netflix.
- Improved HLS streaming format support.
- Improved support for multiple gaming remotes during game play.
- Improved SSDP device discover support used by mobile applications, including Roku’siPhone app and Android app, to find and connect to Roku players on home networks.
- Added a legal disclaimer section in Roku settings.
The Roku software update will be pushed automatically to all Roku 2 and Roku LT players over the next 48 hours. If you can’t wait, select Settings > Software update > Check now from your Roku player.
Ian Dixon is a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional), founder of TheDigitalLifestyle.com tech site and producer of the weekly The Digital Lifestyle Show podcast. Ian has been writing and talking about Windows for over 10 years and has over 20 years in IT as an IT Manager. Ian has thousands of followers on Twitter and Facebook and over 4 million views on his YouTube channel.