2nd gen Roku devices updated to 4.3, improves Netflix and updates HTTP Live Streaming
Roku have updated the firmware for the 2nd gen Roku devices. Version 4.3 for the Roku 2 and Roku LT brings improvements to Netflix streaming, device discovery and updates to HTTP Live Streaming. On Roku’s blog they list the fixes and updates:
Roku software version 4.3 contains the following fixes and improvements:
- Improved video startup performance in Netflix.
- Optimized the performance of screen navigation in Netflix.
- Fixed an audio-video sync issue with Dolby Digital Plus audio in Netflix.
- Improved subtitle and audio settings in Netflix.
- Improved HLS streaming format support.
- Improved support for multiple gaming remotes during game play.
- Improved SSDP device discover support used by mobile applications, including Roku’siPhone app and Android app, to find and connect to Roku players on home networks.
- Added a legal disclaimer section in Roku settings.
The Roku software update will be pushed automatically to all Roku 2 and Roku LT players over the next 48 hours. If you can’t wait, select Settings > Software update > Check now from your Roku player.