Media Browser 2.5.3 (Apollo SP1) has been released for download. This build is mainly about bug fixes so if your a Media Browser users it’s worth getting the download.
Version 2.5.3 is now available on the main Download page.
Not much in the way of features in this release but some important bug fixes including:
- Fix for last added lists containing TV outside of the normal file structure
- Podcasts now show in last added lists properly
- JIL and sorting should now work better with non-alpha characters and indexes
- Fix for some memory leaks in the service
- You can now index a folder by the official certification (MPAA rating)
The complete list is here
Additionally, this version will migrate all your plug-ins to the plugins directory. No more ‘pgn’ files and putting our theme dlls in ehome. This should be fairly transparent but, if you get an error during the install related to this migration you will just need to re-install your theme plug-ins via the configurator. All settings should be retained.
Ian Dixon is a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional), founder of TheDigitalLifestyle.com tech site and producer of the weekly The Digital Lifestyle Show podcast. Ian has been writing and talking about Windows for over 10 years and has over 20 years in IT as an IT Manager. Ian thousands of followers on Twitter and Facebook and over 4 million views on his YouTube channel.