Plex the media streaming solution have updated the Android client to version 22.214.171.124, they have added Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) support, video fixes, improved UI for small Android Tablets, i.e. Kindle Fire and several small fixes.
Details from Plex:
Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) Support
A number of folks out there got ICS working but it needed some special tweaking and had some strange UI artifacts on screen when playing video. Plex now recognizes the ICS and will configure the video system properly for playback so no more need to touch advanced settings. Additionally, we’ve gotten rid of those pesky soft navigational buttons and weird gray boxes during video playback so you can watch your movies in the darkness again… as it should be.
Video Related Fixes
There were a number of different annoying video issues that occurred on some devices. We’ve painstakingly tracked down and squashed these – hopefully without introducing something new. These include fixes for issues and general improvements around handling network connectivity issues during playback, resuming playback, seek, video sizing, dealing with video not being displayed on some devices and probably some other stuff thrown in for good measure.
As a special holiday gift – we’ve introduced a zoom button and a new video zoom mode. Tapping the button on the video playback HUD causes the video to cycle between the two modes. The video modes are:
- ‘fit to screen’ – is what you’ve always had – expands/shrinks the video to fit entirely within the screen without cropping.
- ‘full screen’ – expands the video to fill the screen – may crop by height or width depending upon the screen and video dimensions – try it out!
Here’s the full list of video changes:
- FIXED: issue with stuttering video on Honeycomb MR2 and ICS devices (e.g. Xoom, Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus)
- FIXED: an issue where video was improperly resized after seek/scrub on some devices.
- FIXED: for some devices where we experienced audio but no video upon start of play.
- FIXED: to enhance UX and robustness of video player resume
- NEW: video zoom – tap zoom button to cycle through: scale to fit and full screen
Founder of The Digital Lifestyle.com and host of The Digital Lifestyle Show.
Started podcasting in 2005, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP.
Lover of gadgets from the Raspberry Pi to the iPad, Android to Windows 8. Also a massive motor racing fan