Cyberlink have announced an update to their PowerDirector Video Editing software PowerDirector 10.
I’ve been using this for a few days and I’m quite impressed. Cyberlink claim it is the world’s Fastest Video Editor for Consumers and I have to say it does seem really fast even on my Core 2 Duo. So what is new in this release:
- a choice of 3 different editing modes,
- enhancements to a flexible 100-track timeline,
- automated beat detection, integration of pro-quality plug-ins from third-party partners,
- animated painting tools,
- time lapse controls and free-form picture-in-picture video cropping tools.
- a rich set of powerful 3D video editing tools that enable consumers to import, edit and produce 3D material,
- features an enhanced video rendering engine, TrueVelocity 2,
- includes a new H.264 media encoder designed to rapidly process HD video.
The main thing I’ve been playing with is the 3D editing and I have to say it is really nice to have a consumer level 3D editor available. It seems to work quickly and well.
Regular presenter and occasional host on The Digital Lifestyle Show. Contributing writer. Convenience Computing enthusiast. Author of the Media Center Decoder tool. Microsoft MVP