TBS have a new DVB-T2 tuner coming that will be ideal for Windows Media Center users. The Quad tuner works with Freeview HD and only takes a single PCIe slot, so you can 4 channels HD goodness all at once.
The tuner is due 25th October and they are taking pre-orders now, priced at £149
TBS6284 is a Qual tuner PCI-Express interface DVB-T2/T TV Tuner Card which supports watching or recording four different channels from four different frequencies simultaneously. TBS 6284 can be used as a digital video recorder for recording digital terrestrial TV programs with full HDTV support. It also enables you to pause a live broadcast and continue from where you left with the Time-shifting function. This DVB T2 PC TV card is ready with windows BDA driver and Linux driver. It’s ideal for watching UK Freeview SD and HD channels on your PC.
Please ensure you can receive the Digital Terrestrial Television (DVB-T, DVB-T2,Freeview) service in your region. The TBS 6280 requires you use a high-gain roof aerial to enable and enjoy reliable Digital Television reception throughout the UK.
TBS6284 will be on sale since 25th October. The first consignment is only 40 units. So, we are now starting to accept pre-order. We will ship your order right after the first consignment reaches.
1. Quad Channel Receiving Simultaneously
2. Both DVB-T2 and DVB-T are supported
3. High-Definition Video, Real-Time and Scheduled Video Recording
4. High Sensitivity DVB-T2 Dual Tuner for The Best Digital TV Reception
5.Windows BDA Driver and Linux Driver Ready
1. Receiving Channel: VHF Band and UHF Band
2. Channel Bandwidth: 6, 7, 8 MHz
3. DVB-T2/ T Modulation Type: QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM, 256QAM
4. FFT Mode: 1K, 2K, 4K, 8K, 16K, 32K
5. Code Rate: 1/2, 3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6, 7/8
6. Guard Internal:1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128, 19/128, 19/256
7. Intermediate Frequency
IF mode: Low IF
Center IF Frequency: 3 ~ 5 MHz
Note: default 4MHz
8. RF-Input Impedance 75Ω (IEC-DIN female)
9. RF-Output Impedance 75Ω (IEC-DIN male)
1. Windows XP / Vista/ 7, Linux
2. Pentium 4 2.0 GHz, Pentium M 1.3 GHz
3. For HDTV: 2.6 GHz multi core processor
4. Hard disk with min. 1 GB free capacity
5. Sound and graphics card with support for DirectX 9 or higher
6. One free PCI Express slot
7. CD/DVD drive for software installation
Thanks to Rob for the link
Ian Dixon is a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional), founder of TheDigitalLifestyle.com tech site and producer of the weekly The Digital Lifestyle Show podcast. Ian has been writing and talking about Windows for over 10 years and has over 20 years in IT as an IT Manager. Ian thousands of followers on Twitter and Facebook and over 4 million views on his YouTube channel.