As Terry Walsh mentioned in today’s [TMCS], Microsoft have announced Windows Home Server Power Pack 1, this is an update for Home Server that will delivered automatically over Windows Update. Features include:
- The Windows Home Server Connector will be able to be installed on home computers running Windows Vista x64 editions.
- Windows Home Server Data Backup updated to enable you to select what gets backed up on each of the servers hard drive and a way to backup the home server database
- Updated Remote Access functions with more granularity on the permissions and folders views for the remote folders eg a Photo View with thumbnails for images
- Backup database repair wizard
- Wake this computer for Backup
Looks like a good roll up of updates, more on the home server blog and I have a interview with the Home Server team this week to find out more
Founder of The Digital Lifestyle.com and host of The Digital Lifestyle Show. Started podcasting in 2005, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP. Lover of gadgets from the Raspberry Pi to the iPad, Android to Windows 8. Also a massive motor racing fan